Facials in general can be very relaxing and soothing. There are several variations and treatments depending on the desired amount of time and your skin care goals. All facials include a deep pore cleanse of the face and neck, skin analysis, and balancing treatment or masque. Depending on which facial you choose it may also include exfoliation, massage, aromatherapy, extractions, and treatment serums.
By following the natural cellular turn over rate of the skin facials are advised every 21 -30 days to remove the dead skin and provide nutrients to the skin. I encourage my guests to schedule their next service before they leave to ensure the best results and I also have discounts on facial packages of 4 or more.
Dermaplaning is a manual exfoliation treatment that removes the dead skin and vellus hair (peach fuzz). This treatment is ideal for clients concerned about anti-aging, dull, dry skin, enlarged pores, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and acne scaring. By removing the buildup of dead skin and vellus hair treatment products are able to absorb and penetrate deeper into the skin providing optimal results with zero downtime.
Can I still have Dermaplaning if I have a cold sore? No, if you have a cold sore on the day of your scheduled appointment we will need to reschedule. There will not be a rescheduling fee for this.
What if I have a breakout or raised areas on my skin? If your skin is raised due to pimples, pustules, papules, skin tags, moles, sebaceous hyperplasia etc I will need to avoid the specific area in order to not cut or break the skin in those areas.
The brazilian bikini wax is a more complete waxing of the pubic area. Unlike a bikini line which just removes the hair on the sides in the natural crease, the brazilian wax removes all or most (depending on your preference) from front to back of the genital hair.
*Please note I do not offer waxing in the genital area for male clients.
It is not advisable to come in during or near your menstrual cycle for waxing.
We shed hairs from our body and head every day. In fact we are born with 5 million follicles on the body and 1 million of those are on our head. From the time a hair is shed or pulled by the root it takes 8 weeks to be replaced. For best results estheticians suggest waxing every 3-6 weeks depending on the rate of your hair growth.
Tips for best results after your waxing service.
• It is normal for the skin to be slightly pink or red depending on your skin's sensitivity and will go down over several hours. This is due to the hairs being removed by the root and not broken off at the surface.
•IF you are prone to breakouts post treatment we can discuss options of an anti-acne lotion or product for face, back and chest to use twice a day until the breakouts are gone.
• Avoid suntanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolet (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments.
• Use an SPF designed for sensitive skin for the first 24-48 hrs after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
• Avoid irritating products containing fragrances in the area that was just waxed. Such as lotions, perfume, deodorant etc.
• Avoid applying high SPF sunblocks to the waxed area for 12-24 hours after the waxing service. Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
I recommend waxing every 4 to 6 weeks to maintain results and to give sufficient time for new growth cycles to reach required length for waxing.